Not only a Wildcard or Regular Expression can be applied to filter the files that UTFCast Pro will pick up, but you can also apply a second layer of filtering such as Wildcard, Statuses, and Codepage collection to the file list in the GUI.
2.Detect text file content and codepage
UTFCast Pro can recognize plain text file format, detect over 30 codepages, such that a correct codepage will be automatically applied. Otherwise, you can manually select it.
Enjoy the 200MB/s conversion speed. It's 10x faster than other similar products. Start saving your time with UTFCast Pro today!
4.Multi-Core CPU support
Multi-Core CPU is leveraged to maximize detection and conversion performance. The only
bottleneck will be your hard disk drive.
5.Unlimited file size handling
No right tool to convert your plain text-based log files larger than 1GB, 10GB, or even 10TB? UTFCast Pro is the expert for this job.
6.Fully featured command line interface
Integrate command line
with SSIS, Windows Task Scheduler, and various third-party GUI and console applications.
Here are the brief conditions when we tested UTFCast Pro's performance:
- The input file was a 4GB text file with random content encoded in windows-1252.
- The output files were encoded in UTF-8 with BOM and UTF-16 LE without BOM.
- The final size of the output file in UTF-8 was 4.01GB.
- The final size of the output file in UTF-16 LE was 8.01GB.
- The test was running in GUI Command Line Mode to minimize GUI overhead.
- The system memory size is unimportant because the conversion engine is designed to read and write data without memory caching. During the test, the UTFCast Pro GUI Command Line Mode only consumed a small amount of memory space (about 1.8MB).
- We tested the performance only on a limited number of hardware specifications. Actual performance still depends on your actual hardware specification.
Performance test results on different hardware specs:
- Platform A:
An Athlon 4600+ CPU. All files were on a 160GB Hitachi HDS721616PLA380 hard disk built in 2008. The test speed was around 67MB/s (UTF-8) and 39MB/s (UTF-16 LE)
- Platform B:
An Intel Core i5-3570 CPU. All files were on a 1TB Western Digital WD10EZEX hard disk. The test speed was around 153MB/s (UTF-8) and 141MB/s (UTF-16 LE).
- Platform C:
An Intel Core i5-3570 CPU. All files were on a 128GB Plextor M5S SSD. The test speed was around 124MB/s (UTF-8) and 222MB/s (UTF-16 LE).
- Platform D:
An Intel Core i5-7600 CPU. All files were on a 240GB Intel 535 SSD. The test speed was around 124MB/s (UTF-8) and 222MB/s (UTF-16 LE).
- Platform E:
An Intel Core i7-11700F CPU. All files were read from a 480GB Toshiba Q200 EX. SSD and written to a 480GB Samsung 980 NVMe SSD. The test speed was around 205MB/s (UTF-8) and 195MB/s (UTF-16 LE).
- Platform F:
An Intel Core i7-11700F CPU. All files were read from a 512GB Intel 545s SSD and written to a 480GB Toshiba Q200 EX. SSD. The test speed was around 227MB/s (UTF-8) and 195MB/s (UTF-16 LE).
- Platform G:
An Intel Core i7-11700F CPU. All files were read from a 512GB Intel 545s SSD and written to a 480GB Samsung 980 NVMe SSD. The test speed was around 205MB/s (UTF-8) and 205MB/s (UTF-16 LE).
- Platform H:
An Intel Core i7-11700F CPU. All files were on a 480GB Samsung 980 SSD. The test speed was around 205MB/s (UTF-8) and 256MB/s (UTF-16 LE).
- EUC-JP (EUC 20932 subset only)
- ISO-2022-JP (JIS)
- UTF-16 Big Endian
- UTF-16 Little Endian
- UTF-32 Big Endian
- UTF-32 Little Endian
- Windows-874 (TIS 620)
Available GUI Languages
- English (United States)
- English (United Kingdom)
- Germany (German)
- Portuguese (Brazil)
- Traditional Chinese (Taiwan)
- One of the supported operating systems
- At least 35MB of free disk space for installation
Supported Operating Systems
- Windows Vista 32-bit/64-bit
- Windows 7 32-bit/64-bit
- Windows 8 32-bit/64-bit
- Windows 8.1 32-bit/64-bit
- Windows 10 32-bit/64-bit
- Windows 11 64-bit
- Windows Server 2008 32-bit/64-bit
- Windows Server 2008 R2 64-bit
- Windows Server 2012 64-bit
- Windows Server 2012 R2 64-bit
- Windows Server 2016 64-bit
- Windows Server 2019 64-bit
- Windows Server 2022 64-bit
- On Windows Server families, only a full installation of Windows Server is supported. Windows Server Core without GUI is not supported for the moment. The UTFCast Pro Console Command Line mode will support Windows Server Core in the future.
- Windows XP and Windows Server 2003 are no longer since UTFCast Pro v3.0. The latest version that still supports these two legacy Windows operating systems is UTFCast Pro v2.9.6404. Customers who have purchased a UTFCast Pro v2 License can re-download the installer in the Client Center.