Not only a Wildcard or Regular Expression can be applied to filter the files that UTFCast Pro will pick up, you can also apply a second layer of filtering such as Wildcard, Statuses, Codepage collection to the file list in the GUI.
2.Detect text file content and codepage
UTFCast Pro can
recognize plain text file format and detect over 30 codepages, such that a correct codepage will be automatically
applied when it's recognized. Otherwise you can manually select it.
3.Ultra high speed
Enjoy the 200MB/s conversion speed. It's 10 times faster than other similar products. Start saving your time with UTFCast Pro today!
4.Multi-Core CPU support
Multi-Core CPU is leveraged to maximize detection and conversion performance. The only
bottleneck will be your hard disk drive.
5.Unlimited file size handling
Could not find a right tool to convert your plain text based log files that larger than 1GB, or even 10TB? UTFCast Pro is the expert for this job.
6.Fully featured command line interface
Integrate command line
with SSIS, Windows Task Scheduler and various third-party GUI and console applications.
Here's the brief conditions when we tested UTFCast Pro's performance:
- The test input file was a 4GB text file with random content encoded in windows-1252.
- The output files were encoded in UTF-8 with BOM and UTF-16 LE without BOM.
- The final size of the UTF-8 output file was 4.01GB.
- The final size of the UTF-16 LE output file was 8.01GB.
- The test was running in GUI Command Line Mode to minimize GUI overhead.
- The system memory size is not important because the conversion engine is designed to read and write data without memory caching. Only a small amount of memory space (about 1.8MB) was consumed by UTFCast Pro GUI Command Line Mode during the test.
- We tested the performance only on a limited number of haredware specifications. Actual performance still depends on your actual hardware specification.
Performance test results:
- Platform A:
An Atholon 4600+ CPU with a very old 160GB Hitachi HDS721616PLA380 hard disk built in 2008. The test speed was around 67MB/s (UTF-8) and 39MB/s (UTF-16 LE)
- Platform B:
An Intel Core i5-3570 CPU with a 1TB Western Digital WD10EZEX hard disk. The test speed was around 153MB/s (UTF-8) and 141MB/s (UTF-16 LE).
- Platform C:
An Intel Core i5-3570 CPU with a 128GB Plextor M5S SSD. The test speed was around 124MB/s (UTF-8) and 222MB/s (UTF-16 LE).
- Platform D:
An Intel Core i5-7600 CPU with a 240GB Intel 535 SSD. The test result was almost the same as Platform C's.
- EUC-JP (EUC 20932 subset only)
- ISO-2022-JP (JIS)
- UTF-16 Big Endian
- UTF-16 Little Endian
- UTF-32 Big Endian
- UTF-32 Little Endian
- Windows-874 (TIS 620)
Available GUI Languages
- English (United States)
- English (United Kingdom)
- Germany (German)
- Portuguese (Brazil)
- Traditional Chinese (Taiwan)
- One of the supported operating systems
- At least 35MB of free disk space for intallation
Supported Operating Systems
- Windows Vista 32-bit/64-bit
- Windows 7 32-bit/64-bit
- Windows 8 32-bit/64-bit
- Windows 8.1 32-bit/64-bit
- Windows 10 32-bit/64-bit
- Windows Server 2008 32-bit/64-bit
- Windows Server 2008 R2 64-bit
- Windows Server 2012 64-bit
- Windows Server 2012 R2 64-bit
- Windows Server 2016 64-bit
- On Windows Server families, only a full installation of Windows Server is supported. Windows Server Core without GUI is not supported for the moment. The UTFCast Pro Console Command Line mode will support Windows Server Core in the future.
- Since UTFCast Pro v3.0, Windows XP and Windows Server 2003 are no longer supported by UTFCast Pro. The lastest version that still supports these two legacy Windows operating systems is UTFCast Pro v2.9.6404.