Academic Discount for students, teachers and faculty members
If you are a student, teacher, or faculty member at a qualified academic institution, you can purchase UTFCast Professional at a substantial discount as long as you meet one of the following eligibility requirements and can provide proof of eligibility.
Individuals qualified to buy UTFCast Professional at an Academic Discount, must be one of the following:
- University or college students — Students enrolled at an accredited public or private university or college (including community, junior, or vocational college) that grants degrees requiring not less than the equivalent of two years of full-time study
- Primary or secondary school students - Students enrolled at an accredited public or private primary or secondary school providing full-time instruction.
- Faculty and staff — Teachers and staff employed by an accredited public or private university or college, or private primary or secondary school, or local education authority.
- Homeschool students and teachers — Defined by state homeschooling regulations detailed on the HSLDA State Laws page.
Proof of eligibility
Students, educators and academic staff who wish to purchase UTFCast Professional at an Academic Discount will be asked to provide proof of eligibility before making a purchase. The required proof is listed below.
University or college students, primary or secondary school students should provide one of the following:
- A copy of a student ID card containing your information, such as name, school name, and the current academic term
- A copy of a report card that includes the school’s logo or seal, your name, and the current academic term
- A copy of a tuition statement or course bill that includes the school’s logo or seal, your name, and the current academic term
- An official letter from the registrar of the school, including your name, the school name, and the current academic term
Homeschool students should provide one of the following:
- A current copy of a Homeschool Membership Association card
- Dated copy of a letter of intent to homeschool
- Dated proof of purchase of curriculum for the current academic school year
Teachers, faculty, and staff should provide one of the following:
- A copy of a faculty or staff paycheck stub that includes your (the employee's) name and employer (school) name
- An employer’s written confirmation on school letterhead or certificate of employment
How to purchase
Please create a support ticket and provide the above required proof and all of the below information:
- Which license you would like to purchase (Workstation or Technician)
- First Name
- Last Name
- Email Address (Double check that you've entered your email address correctly. We will send order information to it)
- Zip Code
You must provide accurate information in the verification process. Once your eligibility has been verified, you will receive a customized order created with your provided information and a URL for you to pay the order.